How To Setup Paypal¶
In this how-to you will learn how to setup paypal for your shop
- Setup a paypal developer account at https://developer.paypal.com/
- Add a pre-configured test Buyer https://developer.paypal.com/cgi-bin/devscr?cmd=_sandbox-acct-session
- Add a pre-configured test Seller https://developer.paypal.com/cgi-bin/devscr?cmd=_sandbox-acct-session
- Launch the sandbox account for the Seller from https://developer.paypal.com/cgi-bin/devscr?cmd=_sandbox-acct-session
- Set up IPN
- Click on “Profile” - “Instant Payment Notification Preferences”
- Set the Notification URL to http://www.yourdomainname.com/paypal/ipn/
- Turn IPN On
- Set up PDT
- Click on “Profile” - “Website Payment Preferences”
- Turn on “Auto Return”
- Set the “Return URL” to http://www.yourdomainname.com/paypal/pdt/
- Set “Payment Data Transfer” to On, this will create an Identity Token for us.
Copy our seller information to settings.py e.g.:
PAYPAL_RECEIVER_EMAIL = "firstname.lastname@example.org" PAYPAL_IDENTITY_TOKEN = "j0Iw3M4l6znE45kWkyQs43PkwC9bkaceteiWXfddg5q_CW1Ev4HGuqVPPfBG"
Deploy your site to a live internet site for testing (Paypal servers must be able to see your site).
When you are finished testing your site and ready to go live, set up a live Paypal Business account (Website Payments Standard account has been reported to work) and repeat steps 5-8