How to add custom product pricing module¶
In this tutorial you will learn how to your own custom product pricing module.
Create an application¶
First you need to create a default Django application (or use an existing one). If you do not know how to do this, please refer to the excellent Django tutorial.
Implement the price calculator class¶
__init__.py file of your application (or anywhere you choose) create
a class that inherits from lfs.plugins.PricingCalculator and implement all
from lfs.plugins import PriceCalculator class CustomPriceCalculator(PriceCalculator): def get_price(self, with_properties=True): return self.get_price_net() ... Other Methods...
Plug in the custom price calculator¶
- Add your application to the PYTHONPATH.
- Add the application to settings.INSTALLED_APPS.
- If your are using models (which is completely up to you), sync your database.
- Edit the dictionary lfs.core.settings.LFS_PRICE_CALCULATORS to make your custom pricing calculator available to products in the manage interface
LFS_PRICE_CALCULATORS = [ ["lfs.gross_price.GrossPriceCalculator", _(u"Price includes tax")], ["lfs.net_price.NetPriceCalculator", _(u"Price excludes tax")], ["mycustom_price.CustomPriceCalculator", _(u"My Pricing Calculator")], ]
Set the shop default price calculator¶
- Go to the LFS Management Interface.
Shop / Preferences.
Default Valuesand go the
- Select your new pricing calculator from the drop down menu of choices.
- Save the default values.
All products with an unset price calculator will default to using the shop price calculator.
Set the product pricing calculator¶
- Browse to http://yourshopdomain/manage and login.
Catalog / Product.
- Select the product whose price calculator you wish to change.
- Select the
Data Taband scroll to the
- Select your new pricing calculator from the drop down menu.
- Click on
- Now browse to the customer view of the product and you should see the price as calculated by your custom pricing calculator.